Many small local businesses wait for business to come their way online. Many focus either on offline advertising or don’t advertise at all — they simply wait for business to come their way, hoping that their efforts at building a solid reputation will pay off. But if you are succeeding locally with little to no online marketing efforts you could really take your business to a whole new level by doing even a little bit of local SEO.
Search engine optimization helps you get found online. Your customers, your target customers, and your competition’s target and existing customers are using the internet to help them make decisions about where to shop, where to eat, where to spend their entertainment dollar, where to get things repaired, where to solve problems. If your company is listed in the places they look you will see an increase in business.
You can use local SEO to help you sell more, help you up-sell, help you build loyalty and relationships, and get the advantage of word-of-mouth referrals, too. Here are some tips to help you get started:
Local SEO Ideas:
* Claim your business online with Google. This will ensure you appear on maps when people in your area search for whatever it is that you sell. This is a simple process that involves filling out an online form and then inputting a code when a postcard comes in the mail. This simple start could ensure you boost your chances of getting found beyond existing customers.
* Integrate your location into your online content. Make sure you have a great website that tells people where to find you. A good SEO company can help you optimize your online content so that it gets indexed and categorized appropriately.
* Start social networking. Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking tools can help.
* Publish something newsworthy in a press release and distribute it online.
* Know who your competition is, what they are ranking for in keyword searches, and strive to compete with them through a combination of SEO and paid search advertising.
* Hire a local SEO company to help. If you are in need of local SEO services in Virginia Beach, VA, for example, you can find them.
Local SEO services in Virginia Beach, VA or elsewhere could help your business in a number of ways. By optimizing your site for search engines as well as for your local geographical area you can increase your chances of expanding your marketing and online advertising reach.
You can use local SEO to help you sell more, help you up-sell, help you build loyalty and relationships, and get the advantage of word-of-mouth referrals, too.
Be the first to like.