People suffering from chronic pain, regardless of the exact nature of said pain, are most likely in search of a method of relief in any way they can get it. No matter the exact causes behind your pain, you may want to consider enlisting the aid of a local pain management clinic.
Take a quick look at some of the conditions a pain management clinic in Atlanta, GA that might be able to help you with, along with some definitions and common symptoms:
* Arthritis –
* The word arthritis actually stems from two Greek words; arthro for joints, and itis for inflammation. From that information, you should be able to draw the obvious conclusion that arthritis is the inflammation of joints, causing swelling, pain, and in extreme cases, disfigurement in the affected areas. There are over one hundred types of arthritis that we know of, so specific conditions may vary.
* Fibromyalgia –
* While the exact nature of fibromyalgia remains unknown, it is believed to have contributing factors including those that are psychological, genetic, and neurobiological in nature. It’s most characterizing symptoms are chronic and widespread pain as well as a heightened and painful response to pressure. Other symptoms may also include fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and stiffness in the joints.
* Tension Headaches –
* Tension headaches are actually the most common type of headaches suffered by most people. Pain generally originates in the lower back of the head, neck, eyes, or other related muscle groups and radiates up into the head. About 90% of all headaches are tension related, and many people suffer from chronic tension headaches.
* Chronic Pain –
* Another somewhat unexplained condition is chronic pain syndrome. As there is no full understanding of what causes chronic pain in many people, there is no way to treat the condition itself. Rather, the symptoms are treated as well as possible. Many people suffering from chronic pain report a general reduction of symptoms and an improved quality of life when undergoing regular treatment.
* Listed above are just a few of the many pain related conditions that might be affecting you. For more information on one local clinic that may be able to help your particular condition, visit AllSpineSurgeryCenter.com
Be the first to like.