When you are involved in a car accident, the aftermath and what to do next can be difficult to navigate. You will likely be frightened, shaken up, and anxious. The best thing you can do to in a situation like this is to gather all the information you might need ahead of time. Read on to learn more about what to do if you are injured in an auto accident, or even merely involved in one, and why they tend to occur in the first place.
Why Do Auto Accidents Occur?
Car accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. These are some of the most common:
- Altered state of mind induced by drugs
- Reckless driving
What Should You Do If You Are Involved in an Auto Accident?
If you are involved in an accident, there are several steps you should take.
- Stay at the scene – Never leave the site of an accident. This could have potentially negative consequences or legal ramifications for you in the court.
- Move to a safe location – While at the scene, you should move yourself and your car to a safe location as soon as you can.
- Call the police – You will want to notify the authorities in the case of a serious accident. When they arrive, make sure to tell them what happened clearly and accurately.
- Check on others and exchange information – If you are in a car accident, it is important that you check in with others involved and exchange information with any other driver(s).
- Take photos of damage and injuries – If you were injured in the crash, or anyone else was, capture photos if it is safe to do so. You will also want to snap photos of car damage, if any.
- Contact an attorney – Get in touch with an auto accident lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ, to protect your rights. This is especially important when dealing with insurance companies or issuing any statements.
If you were involved in an accident, contact an auto accident lawyer in Scottsdale, AZ, Snyder & Wenner, P.C. by calling (623) 224-0006, or visit us online at www.PersonalInjuryLawAZ.com for a free consultation.
Be the first to like.