Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery in Chicago, Illinois
An arm lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the upper arms; a popular option for individuals who are self-conscious about their arms’ appearance due to weight loss, aging, or genetics. They can be a great solution for those who have tried diet and exercise to no avail.
Several factors to consider before getting an arm lift in Chicago include:
1. Your overall health must be checked to ensure it won’t interfere with the surgery.
2. You should be at or near your ideal weight before considering this surgery.
3. Skin elasticity: If your skin has lost elasticity, you may require additional surgeries such as liposuction.
4. Scarring: You should discuss this with your surgeon if you have a history of keloid scars or excessive scarring.
5. Cost: You should discuss the cost with your surgeon and make sure you understand all the associated fees.
6. Estimated recovery time and the realistic expectations one should have.
Upon consultation, the doctor will evaluate your individual needs and discuss the details of the procedure. After the procedure, recovery involves a few weeks of limited activity and wearing a compression garment to aid in healing, coupled with a few medications to manage the discomfort.
Interested in learning more about arm lifts in Chicago or any other cosmetic procedures? Ashpole Plastic Surgery, founded by Dr.Bradley Ashpole, got you covered. Visit their website AshpolePlasticSurgery.com today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Ashpole and let them help you achieve the toned, youthful arms you’ve always wanted.